Sunday, July 25, 2010

M.I.A. x Jay-z - XXXO (Remix)

I loved “XXXO” when it first dropped. The melody was embedded in my psyche for days and I couldn't refrain from humming it in social settings (that's a great problem to have, you hit-makers out there). Like “Paper Planes”, the track leans toward the commercial side and is frighteningly catchy. The track follows the lead of the door-slamming effect in the beginning, banging with conviction.


That said, the remix with Jay-Z just rubs me the wrong way. His flow was lacking for sure, and he didn't come hard enough. Given the way “Boyz” of all tracks was boosted by his feature, I must say, I am a tad disappointed.


The increasingly incurious M.I.A. seems to be just okay with a Hov feature, and I suppose, that’s fine, but I expect more from you, Maya, we all do.


Still people will drool over this one and Maya will gain a few more fans, owing to Hov's unparalleled popularity.


At any rate, I just played the original and danced around my room for the duration.


miauk.com

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2009 The Rod of Ebullience