Monday, November 30, 2009

Classic Coke

With the exception of alcoholic beverages like Rum & Coke or the trusty, quintessentially American Jack & Coke, I haven’t drunk straight Coca-Cola in years. I stopped some time in high school, while I was doing a biomedical science program. Around that time, I was becoming increasingly more aware of my health and how my diet affects it, not to mention, I had just seen Super Size Me; see Coca-Cola health effects. I made a conscious effort to refrain as best I could from drinking soda, until…

BOOM!


Yes, it is what you think it is. It’s a vintage Coca-Cola machine. Over the weekend, while working on my clearing my arteries with a little Lower Manhattan perusing on Black Friday, my bro and I ended up at Tekserve. It’s pretty much the spot for anything Apple, as well as terrific audio accessories for you audiophiles out there. While I was waiting to check out, I saw the machine, inserted a dime (yes! It was 10¢!), and thought to myself, “I can’t lose.” I hadn’t been to the store in a while so I wasn’t too sure when the machine was installed. Who cares? In any case, turns out it worked and I sucked down all 8 ounces of carbonated, food-colored goodness. And the Coke tasted so good. Like, really good, so maybe this Coke had some coke in it. I hope not. But again, who cares, really?

Check out this ad. “Not just wet and sweet, but vigorously satisfying”


Glass bottle, functioning vintage machine, classic American flavor, and good ol' sober fun.


coca-cola.com

tekserve.com

1 comments:

jwils said...

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2009 The Rod of Ebullience