Sunday, June 21, 2009

Don't go looking for something you'd rather not find

Some people can handle the truth, others can't. We all know this. You can tell some people you got that promotion, while it's best to let others find out on their own. Same thing with females. Now I'm not gonna generalize...much. I actually have a few questions:


1. Why do women feel the need to go thru a man's phone? Do you think you're gonna find an interesting YouTube vid on it? some cool photos? Or do u really wanna read word for word what I planned on doing to some chick right before I came and saw you?

2. Why do women ask questions to which they KNOW well and good they won't like the answers? I'm in my early 20's. I'm in college. Don't be surprised I do rude nigga shit from time to time. See, my problem is that I DO tell the truth. Because I'm a grown man, I choose not to speak about my sex life to any and everybody. If we are not an item, I owe NOTHING to you in that department. Some things are just better left unsaid. I'm not saying walk around like a clueless fuck, but I'm 99% sure you're 100% sure I talk to other women. Isn't that what "single" means anyway? Oh, and that 1% is me thinking there's an off chance you're mentally challenged! Again, I'm not saying we all should have Jedi-like levels of intuition, but I mean, if you know me as well as you do (and you know who you are), get a clue. Use common sense. I tell you everything you need to know, not what I think you need to know, but what I know you need to know. Otherwise, feelings get hurt. Quite frankly, the rest just complicates things. Shit like that could destroy the universe...seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. We want to know the truth. No matter how stank and dirty it may be, the truth shall set you free. Also, sometimes it's like we purposefully search for a fight or drama. She already has a problem with you or issues she wants to address and finding the shit on the phone would be impetus for a throwdown.

2. Yeah, I guess, see above. The desire to be right could also cause a girl to ask a question she already knows the answer to. And this statement is not meant to add fuel to your misogynistic fire (just KIDDING) because deep down everyone, male or female, wants to be right. But with a female, when that intuition kicks in, we need to know the truth. Also, the woman constantly prying into your personal life genuinely cares about you, so just try and understand why she's snooping (which is annoying as fuck BTW)or asking inane questions. Just know that if ya'll were gonna fight or thrown down, it was imminent. That's what inevitably happens when two people in a "relationship" (i.e. crushing/smashing/beatboxin', etc) want two different things.

Unknown said...

I feel like this is generalized to be about women. Men do this too. And what I have realized is that the truth does not always set you free. Sometimes you need to lie and be lied to. Even if you're 'glad' to know the truth, you have to acknowledge that you were much happier before you knew so I really wonder what is better. Ignorance is bliss-truth is over-rated. I suppose there are degrees of lies, though. In this case, ignorance would definitely have been better. Poor Shane haha!!

Unknown said...

I take back my previous statement. The truth is definitely better than a lie.

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2009 The Rod of Ebullience