Saturday, August 22, 2009

MoMA x Muji: "I Like The Way This Feels"

A couple of days ago, I visited the MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art), only I didn’t get to see any exhibits. I had forgotten it was Thursday, so the museum itself closed at 5:30, as opposed to 8ish—I arrived at 4:45. Opting to not spend twelve hard earned dollars for just 45 minutes (I’d need a little more time), I ventured across the street to the Design Store. It was undoubtedly one of the highlights of my week. The store’s skillful, minimalistic interior design drew me in (huge glass windows helped), as well as the allure of air conditioning. Inside, my amiga Janday and I saw piece after piece that caught our attention. After about 15 minutes in the store, I noticed Muji has its own wing. Muji is a popular Japanese home goods/ wares store which arrived stateside just last year. The two stores combined were a match made in heaven. Honestly, I’m not too big on home goods, as I live in a dorm and I feel it’s pointless (maybe next year), but “everything just looked so cool.” Because of my home wares aversion, I ended up buying a pack of fun socks from the Muji end. But it was so simple for me. This is one of those stores where little-to-no purchases feel forced. Stuff just jumps out at you, then you’re sold.


MoMA Design Store 44 West 53rd St, NYC momastore.org



3 comments:

janday said...

I I I I I I I
what happened to 'we'
-your amiga Janday...pshaw

Sonie said...

That store looks pretty cool. Typical Shanday style. Sid, you need some new speakers; I think those would go well in your room.

Anonymous said...

LOL...u bought socks...that is so "boy" of you

PAT WAS HERE :)

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2009 The Rod of Ebullience